Friday, September 4, 2009

After an Absence

I haven't been on here much in the last few weeks. My grandmother passed away two weeks ago. Last week I went over to England for the funeral and stayed around a couple of days. Can't really say I helped out much - there was much to organize, but being an ocean away, it's hard to get involved. My mum was a complete champion through everything, she's really the strongest and most wonderful person I've ever known.
While I was there I managed to do some drawing (really just to focus on something). This first image is an amalgamation of drawings from the various airports going to and from Britain - Washington, Logan, Heathrow. Airports are the best places to people-watch - people are usually so absorbed by their own activities that they never notice if they're being sketched. They also tend to hold still for longer (particularly if sitting at a gate)!

And these are a few doodles of my cousin Ellie, dog Lilly and my brother pulling a fishie-face (also known as the Twerpy Beak!).

No comments: