Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sharing...

Browsing through the internet a bit tonight, I found (amidst looking for pictures of pond snails and snapping turtles) this:

Which I thought was quite neat and features some art inspiration (or involvement) by Andrew Jones - whose art (I also found today) is really cool and can be found here under 'Android Jones'. His use of images of people and things as repeating patterns reminds very much of an artist's work I once saw in a San Jose art museum, but can't for the life of me remember what his name was. Makes you feel like you could just sit and enjoy a piece of art for a long time, working in and around all the forms and such. I love art that makes you stay a while, gets you involved.
Anyways, I'm going to stop doing work now, because a) it's a sunday night and b) I require sustenance!

1 comment:

Shannon! said...

Oh man, am I excited. I've come across Andrew Jones' artwork so often (and freaking love it!) but I never could put a name to the images. SO EXCITED I KNOW WHO THE ARTIST IS NOW. THANK YOU. :3