Sunday, September 14, 2008

North End/Wharf

Big news this week: I became a UNITED STATES CITIZEN! Finally! Officially! For the first time in my life I have all the rights every other U.S. citizen takes for granted! Watch out Election Time, I am SO voting! Of course, there's something to be said for the naturalization process - the phenomenal amount of hoops you have to jump through and dough to fork over just to become part of a 'free' nation.
But I shall not complain! Instead, I shall move on to this week's sketches: Yesterday I spent a fabulous day out in the North End. Whereupon I rekindled my love of sketching architecture *_* I've always loved perspective and designing buildings. I'm planning on going back there next weekend to do some longer drawings, pending the weather forecast. These were done so quickly because I was with a bunch of very nice photographers, who of course can capture an image within a fraction of a second- while I'm sitting there frantically pencilling away. Also I think I'm going to try using darker pencils, the F's are just not working for me anymore (either that or just straight out use pen)....it may have to do with cheapo paper I'm using too (yeah $7 sketchbook from Barnes and Noble, haha).

No comments: