Saturday, June 7, 2008

Shag-like Illustrations!

So my new favorite artist is Shag! In light of that, Nancy and I came up with the idea of doing some illustrations of Skittles and Charlotte in Shag-style! It'll be a travel series where the two pet-friends globe-trot! Here are the prelimary sketches:

Paris!

Italia! Still not pysched about the composition for this one....needs some work...i think the perspective is screwing me up since I used a fish-eye lensed photo for reference.

Germany and Neushwanstein (dunno if I spelled that right). Really wish I'd been there...

Egyptian dance!

And finally India, sipping cocktails! that's the life, eh?
I have more ideas for more places they can visit. I have a few mini thumbnails for New Orleans...but nothing's settled yet.
And what, you may ask, about Mr. Buttersworth? WELL. While Skittles and Charlotte are gallavanting around the globe, he's up in space having adventures of his own! The little sketch of him in space i posted a while back gave me an idea to put him up in a space station. He'll be disgruntled, but thats what you get for being a trouble-maker. More to come on him sometime in the future! :D

No comments: