Sunday, May 2, 2010

Butterflies

Why hello dear blog! Sadly I have no new drawings to show, but I did recently purchase a Canon T1i digital SLR which is FAB and I positively drool over it whenever I take it out of the bag. So here are some of the first photos I took with it last weekend.
Jason and I went to a butterfly sanctuary out in Chelmsford and took photos for a friend. I busied myself trying to capture butterflies and tried to focus on getting good color shots. The lens I was using was good for closeups, but I would prefer something with a slightly bigger depth of field as most of my shots came out too blurry - with the focus of the picture on the leaf IN FRONT of the butterfly I was trying to photograph. >.<;





Now, I really wish I'd gotten a better shot of this one, as the pink behind the butterfly (which was someone's shirt) really nicely contrasted the butterfly itself (which was also moving).
Here are a couple non-butterfly photos. I found a house that had these great lion statues outside their front porch. So I made them black and white and went for that aged look. Could probably look better in Lightroom than Photoshop.


No comments: