Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Hot, with a capital H.

That's right, it's hot. And humid. So damn hot in fact, that all productivity has come to a rather sweaty stop. Instead, I lie on my couch and bemoan about the stifling heat while succumbing to my ultimate nemesis: The Telly. Yes, that huge black box has hogged many hours of my life recently.
BUT! I've managed to do a little sketch for a friend and am currently in the process of coloring it in the computer. Here's the outline form from illustrator (it looks like a mess now - shapes are blocked in line form and will be filled later!):


I recently trekked up to Maine for a mini-Fourth of July vacation, which was fabulous (including perfect weather!). We swam and did some archery and cookouts and I tubed for the first time! Also rode around in a speedboat for the first time! Which oddly enough made me realize how well animated Elastigirl and kids were in the Incredibles when she turns into a speedboat and has Dash whizz them off to shore. Anyways, it was amazingly fun and I tried to sketch a few things and failed miserabley...possibley because there was so much other stuff to do...
Poor Skittles is lying underneath my fan, I don't think she's quite got the hang of standing in FRONT of it yet to get maximum cooling. Heh, poor hot cats.
And now...off to the only airconditioned room in the house! bleh!

1 comment:

Honolulu Dogfight said...

Hey I want to see the
finished product on this one.
The characters look great.